II Varese Golf Club, founded in 1897, settled at its present location in Luvinate in 1934.
The current course, originally designed by architects Gannon and Blanford and expanded to 18 holes in the mid-1950s, is an undulating par 72 and technically very interesting. Each hole, set amidst the greenery of majestic century-old trees, offers glimpses of incomparable panoramic beauty that reach as far as the Monte Rosa Range, Lakes Maggiore, Varese and Monate, as well as the hills of Sacro Monte and Campo dei Fiori, immediately behind the golf course.
The proximity of the Pre-Alps and the altitude (425 mt.asl) allow our course to enjoy a pleasantly cool climate in summer and never too harsh during winter: in fact, our Club is open all year round.
Due to its technical soundness, the Varese Golf Club has hosted an Italian Open in the past and more recently, in 2012, a stage of the Challenge Tour, Europe’s second professional circuit. Each year it is the site of important national absolute and youth competitions and prestigious circuit finals.
The course features several dog-leg holes, several elevation changes and small greens. The most striking hole is hole 10, a downhill par 4 whose horizon flows into Lake Varese and the Alps.